Sunday, August 25, 2013

The incredible bamboo hulk.

Head tube
The green machine is basically done and I'm waiting for the go-ahead from Ian on the color scheme before applying the clearcoat and sending it off.  Ian was thinking of the natural bamboo color as the theme for the bike, and I have actually been thinking of that exact color theme for a looong time.  The emerald green of growing bamboo just looks fantastic and I hope that the tint I found does it justice.  Hopefully it will look even deeper in color once the clearcoat is applied.  The green on green on green is a little unusual for me, since I've always done some sort of contrast colors before, but I think it works here.  The other color I was thinking of for the text is a pearlescent orange, but that would probably just end up looking like Michaelangelo, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle.  Mikey-angelo was always Ian's favorite from childhood, so maybe that's what I should have gone with.
 


If he OK's it today, I can get it clearcoated tonight, polished tomorrow and boxed up and shipped out by Thursday.  That would be just super. I think I had initially told Ian i'd have the bike done in the spring, but hey, time flies when you're in the basement.


Downtube View
Head tube/Top tube joint
Seat cluster
The whole shebang. Bamboo bike number 11. 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment