Friday, October 21, 2011

Autumnal and such


I'm enjoying riding around on 2 bikes of my own design these days. I did a press-fit Shimano standard bottom bracket on this bike, and somehow I think that things are a bit off. Despite fiddling with the handlebars, wheel dish and other things, there's a slight sense of unbalance that I can't quite shake. The bike handles nicely enough, and I can ride no hands as long as I like, but there's a strange lightness when turning right, and a lack thereof when turning left. I'm thinking that I must not have got the seat-tube centered quite right or perhaps there is a kink in the bamboo that I didn't account for. Somehow it feels a little better when I hang my left butt cheek off to the side a bit, so I'm going to install my FSA DATA seatpost and see if I can slide it left or right enough to make a difference in the fit.

Live and learn.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment