Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Philly Bike Expo

So I let Mike from Trophy Bikes talk me in to bringing my bike to the Philly Bike Expo on the 30th and 31st of October.  Overall the show was a great success, lots of good exhibitors from the Philly area and elsewhere, and lots of cool bike stuff to look at.  The best part about bringing my bike there, was that I got a ton of props for it.  The worst part about bringing my bike there is that now all I want to do is be a framebuilder.  Ugh.  If I didn't have such a large amount of money invested in my education (and the loans to show for it) I'd be doing bikes full time. 

I love these sorts of shows because they're full of people who make things, and those who love the excellent products.  I had a good chat with a guy from Houston named Tim Massengill, who makes some really nice looking frames from steel, and to my excitement, some equally cool ones out of carbon fiber.  Check his stuff out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment